Mail Room Clerk
|Posted||9 Months Ago|
|Location||Tukwila, Washington 98168|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Adecco is assisting a national firm in the business management industry in recruiting for a current Mail Room Clerk job opening in Washington, DC. This is for a contract-to-hire opportunity. As a Mail Room Clerk, you will be responsible for preparing, sealing, and distributing mail to staff and students daily. Apply now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
- Responsibilities for this Mail Room Clerk job includes, but are not limited to:
- Pickup/deliver/post/seal/fold and insert all mail and parcels for both staff and students
- Physically distribute mail and Courier packages by van, cart, dolly or hand truck to and from various departments throughout the campus.
- Scan, track and record receipt of all courier items/packages/letters using provided tracking technology.
- Print shop work and reporting.
- Print shop work orders, binding, folding and labelling.
- Acquiring customer signature upon delivery of packages using technology.
- Ensure effective, timely and communicated sweeps.
- Inspect and drive van to and from post office and/or around campus for delivery and pick up.
- Post all mail and packages – via USPS, UPS (Campus Ship Shipments) or messenger service and secure tracking numbers when required.
- Ensure Postage Meter is operating properly, notify site manager of any issues.
- Replenish postage meter funds when required
- Coordinate any Priority Mailings - sort & prepare materials for mailing or shipping via USPS, UPS, etc.
- Maintain inventory of all necessary supplies.
- All staff members will be cross trained in all service functions and be available to backfill at each location for additional support should the need arise
- Track incoming Business Reply Mail
- Complete required reporting for manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience as a Mail Room Clerk
- Experience working in a corporate mail room environment
- Extensive experience with MS Office (specifically Outlook and Excel)
- Ablilty to work in a fast-paced environment
- Schedule: Full-Time, Business Hours, Monday - Friday
- Pay for this position is $15.50/hr. plus overtime as needed.
- Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.